HELP SHAPE THE DESIGN
In March 2015, the project team and James Corner Field Operations released preliminary design concepts for the New Presidio Parklands Project. These alternatives incorporate early public input. Each offers a range of features and invites different kinds of activities and experiences. We invite you to share your comments on each of these preliminary design concepts. Your comments will help us develop a “conceptual design” that the public will have an opportunity to comment on at a public meeting of the Presidio Trust Board of Directors on May 14. Our goal is to have a final design before the end of 2015.
ALTERNATIVE 1 – PRESIDIO TRUST MANAGEMENT PLAN (PTMP) UPDATE
The PTMP Update Alternative is the “No-Action Alternative” that was evaluated in the Doyle Drive EIR/S and anticipated in the 2002 PTMP and 2010 Main Post Update to the PTMP.
- The PTMP Update Alternative is an open, largely undifferentiated landscape that is planted primarily with native vegetation. The site accommodates individuals and small groups.
- Paths provide pedestrian north/south and east/west access.
- The Crissy Field Center (Building 603) remains unchanged and the surrounding landscape is largely native plants.
- The Observation Post (Building 211) is reused for office space.
- Building 201 is moved to its permanent location on the west side of Halleck Street and rehabilitated by the Presidio Parkway (Doyle Drive) project. 210 is rehabilitated as the new Presidio Visitor Center under a separate Trust action. 215 remains the Transit Center.
Key elements: Paths, expanse of native plantings, 35,270 square feet of building space, and 124 parking spaces.